Network Defenders’ competition
Sponsored by East Kent Services, GOETEC and University of Kent Academic Centre of Excellence-Cyber Security Research
University of Kent Templeman Library, Tuesday July 16th 9.30-4.30
Aimed at IT and security professionals in Kent public sector organisations. Free.
In a bid to build network defence skills in ICT staff, we’re running an entry level “capture the flag” style hacking competition.
Please book via Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/network-defenders-hacking-competition-tickets-62482632235
For over 12 years GOETEC, formerly the Kent MAN Ltd, has been working closely with JISC and the Kent Public Service Network (KPSN), to ensure all connected Tertiary sector sites in the region enjoy reliable network service and are able to take full advantage of the shared cross public sector procurement opportunities available to them.
We work on behalf of our members to ensure the development of services which promote and facilitate collaborative working and the sharing of effective practice.
- To promote a thriving, skilled and effective IT/IS Professional Services community across the Universities and Colleges in Kent
- To be the advocate for Professional Services IT/IS in tertiary education to the wider public, private sector and commercial communities in Kent
- To represent tertiary education IT/IS Professional Services in the region and nationally to JISC(UK), KPSN, Kent Connects and other bodies
- To contribute to wider developments such as the Public Sector ICT Network and other regional strategies
- To develop, enable and promote collaborative working and the sharing of effective practice
- To promote and facilitate knowledge exchange between IT/IS staff in the Universities and Colleges on matters of mutual interest and concern
- To promote educational and learning opportunities for IT/IS staff in Universities and Colleges to develop skills and accreditation where possible.
- To provide news and information to the IT/IS Professional Services Community in the tertiary sector in Kent on a range of matters of common interest